Analysis of the handsets announced in November 2010 reveals that Android is still by far the most popular operating system on new smartphones. The SpecTRAX service from Strategy Analytics captures the specifications of every handset, tablet and dongle announced and analyses the trends in ongoing research. Of the 71 handsets announced in November for which detailed specs were available, 12 models were smartphones and, unusually, all 12 were based on the Android OS.
Other trends from the research indicate:
- an average handset thickness of 13.82 mm
- an average weight of 124.9 grams
- an average screen size of 2.91 inches
- an average camera resolution of 3.23 MP
- HSDPA support in 27% of the new models announced
- Bluetooth support in 62% and WiFi in 31% of the new models.
There are now almost 12,000 models on the database and we're adding about 100 new models each month.
To try the database tool for yourself simply click HERE -> to register.
Follow me on Twitter @Stuart_Robinson