Strategy Analytics has been designing and analysing large scale consumer surveys for many years. Some of this work has been used by our industry analysts to support their regular market and competition tracking. We have also conducted frequent consumer surveys to support proprietary project and consulting activities.
Recognising that every client has its own particular set of interests, questions and perspectives, we have now opened up some of the results of these surveys to our client base via a powerful new web-based interface and analysis tool. The ConsumerMetrix service collates the results of three years’ worth of survey results, comprising more than 15000 online consumer interviews and offering millions of unique datapoints. Survey results are easily selected and instantly available according to the needs of the individual user, and can be downloaded in Excel and Powerpoint format for incorporation into customers’ own reports.
ConsumerMetrix surveys cover the US, France, Germany, Italy and the UK. Additional international market coverage, including Canada, Spain, China, India, Japan, South Korea, Russia, the Nordic region, Poland, Hungary, Brazil, Mexico and Indonesia, is available at the request of subscribers.
Subscribers can use ConsumerMetrix to assess survey data about the world’s leading technology and service provider brands and who their current and potential customers are.
ConsumerMetrix: Major Technology Brands
Acer, Apple, Asus, Compaq, Dell, Emachines, Facebook, Gateway, Grundig, HP, HTC, JVC, LG, LinkedIn, Motorola, MySpace, Nokia, Packard Bell, Panasonic, Philips, RIM/Blackberry, Samsung, Sanyo, Sharp, Sony, SonyEricsson, Toshiba, Twitter, Vizio, Youtube
ConsumerMetrix: Major Service Provider Brands
3, AT&T/Bell South/Cingular, Bouyges Telecom, BT, Comcast, DirecTV, Dish, E-Plus, Free, Kabel Deutschland, Mediaset PremiumNeuf Cegetel, O2, Orange, SFR, Sky, Sprint/Nextel, TalkTalk, Telecom Italia, T-Home, TIM, Time Warner Cable, T-Mobile, United Internet, Verizon/Alltel, Virgin Media, Virgin Mobile, Vodafone/Arcor, WIND
ConsumerMetrix is designed to answer key tactical, consumer-facing questions like:
· How many people plan to buy an Xbox 360 or PS3 during the next 12 months?
· How do nations vary in usage of digital video recorders?
· How do the profiles of Samsung and Sony customers compare?
· Which television service providers have the highest satisfaction ratings?
· Which brands are people most likely to choose when they next purchase a TV, PC or mobile phone?
· How do the demographics of Apple v. PC owners compare?
· How many people are using the major OTT video services and which devices are they watching them on?
· How much do consumers expect to pay for iPads or other tablets?
· How useful do consumers find TV mobile phone apps?
· Which consumers are using multiscreen TV?
· How many Sky Digital customers plan to drop the service during the coming 12 months?
ConsumerMetrix covers a wide range of themes and technologies related to the digital consumer, television, video and media sectors. The outline is presented below:
ConsumerMetrix Survey Themes
ConsumerMetrix Product Segmentation
• Attitudes to payment and finance
• Household device ownership
• Personal device usage
• Device purchase intentions
• Device price expectations
• Brand ownership
• Brand purchase intentions and preferences
• Service provider customers
• TV, Fixed Broadband, Mobile Broadband, Mobile phone, Home phone
• Broadband and television access technologies
• Television service fees and satisfaction
• Managed home services
• 3D television and video
• Advanced television services and features: availability, usage, perceived value and interest
• Television service: propensity to churn
• Future television concepts
• Online television and video services and applications
• Connected video device usage
• Social networking users and brands
• Consumer Devices: Connected TV, HDTV, 3DTV, LCD/plasma TV, Blu-ray, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, PS2, PS Vita, Home cinema, Home computer (desktop, portable, PC, Mac), Handheld games (PSP, Nintendo), Digital TV set-top box, Apple TV, Connected TV boxes, mobile phone, iPhone, smartphone, iPad, tablet, broadband WiFi router, Internet radio, camcorder, e-reader, home monitoring camera, iPod, personal audio player
• Broadband/TV Access Technologies: Cable, xDSL, Fiber, WiMax, Mobile data card/dongle, satellite, terrestrial broadcast, IPTV
• Advanced TV Features (selected examples): VOD, Pause/rewind live TV, Series recording, Mobile phone app, caller ID, whole home DVR, internet access
• Online TV device usage: TV/PC, TV/console, TV/media server, TV/Blu-ray, TV/digital media player, Connected TV, PC, Tablet, Smartphone
We are excited by the strong interest already shown in this service, which we believe is unique in many respects. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details and a personal demonstration.